- Download from the arduino website.
- Extract the downloaded file into a folder
- proceed to \drivers\FTDI USB Drivers and make sure the drivers are in it.
- Plug in arduino to the computer using the provided USB cable.
- When it prompts to install driver for the USB to serial converter, point it to the location where 3. is located.
- After installing complete, a reboot is necessary.
- Click on to start programming.
- This is how the IDE looks like.
- each project is called a “sketch”.
- In this location, there are sample codes on how the arduino can be used. We will use file->examples->digital->button.
- Make the connections for the LED and the switch. Connect JC1 to pin 2 and LED (JC2) to pin 13.
- Click on play button to start compiling. Once compiled, below screen will be shown.
- Click on to upload it to arduino.
- Press reset button on arduino after download to start the code uploaded.
- Happy programming.